Dr. Basuriwala, Playing & listening to Bansuri has therapeutic effects:
- Relieve stress.
- Relaxes Body, Mind, and Soul.
- Relaxes the Nervous System & stressed muscles.
- Reduces Depression.
- Helpful in post-operative healing.
- Improve sleep quality.
- Reduce pain.
- Improve cognitive abilities.
- Improves spiritual awareness.
- A form of meditation.
- Enhances and improves the coordination
- Mood booster.
- Improve respiratory symptoms.
- Improvement in concentration.
- Improve memory power.
- Improve Lungs power.
- Reduce anxiety.
- Gives you a clearer mind.
- Improves the functioning of your brain.
Five elements & pranayama mudras
the body as being made up of five elements; fire, air, space, earth, and water. A healthy body has a balance of these elements. Conversely, a dominating or weakening element would cause an imbalance in the body and have a negative impact on one’s health. This would express as illness or disease.
There are five elements and five fingers. Each finger represents an according element. In yoga philosophy, it is said that through each finger, runs the prana for each element. By manipulating the pranas we can increase or decrease the prana to a specific part of the body. That is why a mudra is also referred to as a seal. We are sealing or locking the pranas for a specific purpose.
When a specific mudra is used for a specific purpose, it can help restore the balance of the five elements of the body using prana.
The fingers represent, accordingly, each element:
- The Thumb – represents the fire element
- The Index finger – represents the air element
- The Middle finger – represents the space element
- The Ring finger – represents the earth’s element
- The Pinky finger – represents the water element
When you play bansuri, your nails work in a balancing movement, and when you blow they work as pranayama. So, bansuri can make balance the five elements of your body. By playing bansuri it makes your meditation, pranayama & mudras.